CGHS COMPILATION -2018
RTOWA Delhi NEWS:
Sh. S.S.Nanda, G/S & Sh. R.K.Mudgal, AGS discussed with Dir (Estt.) DOT about the status of 5% IDA neutralisation for the pensioners, retired before January- 2018.
He told that there are some points which need to be clarified by the MTNL officers who have prepared the report of financial liability of DoT & MTNL on the subject.
Association Representatives then talked to GM (Fin.) corporate office and requested him to send DGM/CAO (FMS) to DoT to clarify the doubts of the concerned officers of DoT, dealing with the said case.
GM (Fin.) agreed on the proposal of the association representatives. Association Representatives also talked to CAO (FMS) and briefed her about our discussions with Dir (Estt.) & GM (Fin). She said that in the next week she will be available for the meeting with DoT officers to clarify the things on the subject.
Association Representatives will help in arranging the meeting.
RTOWA MUMBAI NEWS:
Today RTOWA and MPWA met Smt. Vibha Gohil, CCA Mumbai at her office at CTO Building. (Now the office has been shifted from Juhudanda to CTO Bldg. Churchgate).
The following issues were discussed.
1. Delay in payment of pensionary benefits on superannuation.
2.Abnormal delay in settlement of pensionary benefits of Retirees on voluntary retirement.
3.Delay in issue of PPOs.
CCA listened to us and said that continuous efforts are made for prompt payment of pensionary benefits and to issue PPO in time.
4. Revised procedure for life certificate.
CCA said that the staggering of Life Certificate will be implemented from 01/04/2019..Orders will be issued soon.
CCA said that those who get pension on IDA are not eligible for FMA as per DoT's orders. We requested her to give a copy of that order.
This is pension system developed by DOT for BSNL Pensioners. We requested CCA to adopt SAMPAAN for MTNL Pensioners also instead of depending upon MTNL system.
CCA said that this suggestion will be examined after implementation of SAMPAAN for BSNL Pensioners of Maharashtra Circle.
7. Recalculation of pensionary benefits of those retired from 01/01/2018 to 31/07/2018.
We requested to speed up this work on receipt of the cases from MTNL. CCA noted down our request.
We thanked CCA and Staff for prompt payment of pension every month.
The following participated in the meeting and discussions.
RTOWA :- S/Shri. K. Jawahar, B.R.Pathak, J.S.Yadav, Virendra Singh and K.P. Ravindrakumar
MPWA :- S/Shri. S. M. Sawant and Kishor Haldankar.
News from TEAM CHQ:
TEAM representatives Sh. S.P.S.Yadav, CS, Delhi, Sh. K.R.Yadav CP, Delhi and Sh. Ajay Kumar CFS under leadership of Sh. Rajeeb Kumar Acting GS met with Sh. Khandelwal Joint Secy. Admin at DOT on 11.02.2019 at Sanchar Bhawan New Delhi.
The anger and distress of executives /employees of MTNL were communicated to him over non-payment of salary for the month of January-2019. We asked him what action DOT is taking at this need of hour for saving MTNL. He preciously described that the revival plan submitted by MTNL is in active consideration of DOT and after finalization it will be sent to Government for final decision.
As far as salary disbursement is concerned, he told that dues of DOT are being cleared by its concerned wing and sanction is likely to be cleared very shortly. Furthermore, he asked us that MTNL may ask Govt. for returning its money which was given to M/S ITI along with its interest and likewise the payment of dues from various Govt. Departments so that the expenditure of salary may be done until the revival plan is being sanctioned.
We have communicated him that executives/employees of MTNL will not sit tight and silent if DOT is not taking proper care of them as we have been recruited by DOT only and DOT cannot be just silent looker of this situation.
RTOWA MUMBAI NEWS:
The monthly Executive Committee meeting of our Association was held on 07/02/2019.
President,GS and Jt. GS apprised the EC about their Delhi trip.
Decided to support the employees whole heartedly in all their efforts regarding Salary payment.
Decided to continue the efforts to exert political pressures for revision of pension of MTNL and BSNL Pensioners.
Decided to participate in the Post Card Campaign launched by CBMPA all over India for Revision of pension.
Decided to vigorously pursue the issue of benefit of 5% IDA to pensioners retired before 01/01/2018.
The future of the families of 1.70 lakh BSNL employees is in dark - AUAB calls upon to organise “Rallies With Family Members” on 15-02-2019.
The future of the families of the 1.70 lakh BSNL employees is in dark. The government wants to kill BSNL. It does not want BSNL to compete on equal footing with Reliance Jio. So, it does not want to allot 4G spectrum to BSNL. It does not want to allow BSNL to generate revenues from its vacant lands. It does not even want BSNL to get bank loans, while the private telecom companies, including Reliance Jio, are taking lakhs of crores of rupees as loans from government banks. It is doing everything to starve the families of the employees, by seeing to it that the employees do not get their salaries in the days to come. It wants to reduce the retirement age of the employees from 60 to 58. It is doing everything to create panic among the employees and thereby, compelling them to take VRS and go home. According to Modi government, Reliance Jio is the government company and not BSNL. The government is doing everything to promote Reliance Jio. The Indian Railways has dumped the Public Sector BSNL and has taken connections from Reliance Jio. What a shame? Who is behind this decision? We shall not allow this injustice. Come on comrades! Let us stand up and fight against the conspiracies of the government, aimed at finishing off BSNL. The people are the real owners of this great BSNL. They are our masters. Let us go to the people of this country and seek their support to save BSNL. It is the people who finally win. The AUAB has called upon the employees to organise “Rallies With Family Members” on 15-02-2019. BSNLEU calls upon the circle and district unions to take all out steps to make the rallies a historic success. BSNLEU calls upon each and employee not to feel shy of bringing their families to the streets on 15-02-2019.
RTOWA MUMBAI NEWS:
Due to our meeting with GM (Fin) CO, GM (HR), and Dir(Fin) and other officers during our stay at Delhi last week, orders have been issued for drawal of pay arrears, recalculation of pensionary benefits to those retired from 01/01/2018 to 31/07/2018.
Yesterday (08/02/19) RTOWA discussed this issue with DGM (FC) and DGM (FMS) to find out when payment will be made and following information gathered.
1.Funds for payment of salary arrears is required.
2.Unless Salary arrears is drawn system will not generate revised LPC.
3.Revised LPC and some modification is required to recalculate pensionary benefits.
RTOWA is continuously pursuing these issues.
About 2000 Pensioners of BSNL and MTNL held a massive Rally at New Delhi today the 8th Feb 2019 under the banner of Committee Of BSNL & MTNL Pensioners Association (CBMPA) on the single issue of Pension Revision with 7th CPC Fitment Formula. All the constituents of CBMPA participated in the Rally. Our comrades from adjoining circles and NCR were present in great strength.
News from United Forum Mumbai:
A successful demonstration was held today (07/02/2019) at Telephone House condemning the delay in payment of salary for January-2019. Slogans were raised with enthusiasm. Speeches were given by S/Sri. B.R.Pathak, R.R.Yadav, Sankpal, Jyoti Sonawadekar, P. Salve, K. Jawahar, and J.S.Yadav.
After the demonstration all active members met ED and submitted memorandum. Good interaction took place. ED said that he will convey the anger of the employees to CMD.
United Forum informed ED that the agitation will be intensified if a permanent solution regarding salary payment is not arrived at by Monday.
News from AI BSNL PWA :-
Today a delegation consisting of Coms. D Gopalakrishnan, VP, CHQ, V Ramarao, Circle President, S Sampath Kumar, ACS and R Ranganathan, District. President, Chennai Traffic District met
Shri La. Ganesan, Ex-MP and National Executive Member of BJP and presented a memorandum. They explained the demand of pension revision due from 01/01/2017 with 7th CPC fitment factor. He gave a patient hearing and assured to do the needful. Immediately he asked his PA to draft a letter to Shri Manoj Sinhaji. That letter was sent and a copy endorsed to us.
--D. Gopalakrishnan VP CHQ AIBSNL PWA.
RTOWA MUMBAI NEWS:
In the meeting of CBMPA (Committee of BSNL and MTNL Pensioners' Association) held on 29/01/2019 the following two decisions were taken to exert pressure on Government for Revision of Pension of BSNL / MTNL Pensioners wef 01/01/2017 as per 7th CPC.
1. Massive rally to Sanchar Bhavan at Delhi on 08/02/2019 and submission of memorandum addressed to PM.
2. POST CARD COMPAIGN.
All BSNL and MTNL Pensioners to send post card addressed to PM by 09/02/2019.
POST CARD CAMPAIGN:
All pensioners are requested to buy a Post Card, write the following text and post it to Prime Minister by 09/02/2019.
TEXT to write on Post card.
Sh. Narendra Modiji,
Honourable Prime Minister of India,
I joined Central Govt. service in DOT but retired from MTNL.
Revision of my Pension is due from 01-01-2017 after 10 years. Please arrange to revise my pension as per 7th CPC fitment formula.
( Pensioner MTNL Mumbai)
Post card shall be addressed to:
Shri Narendra Modiji,
Prime Minister of India,
New Delhi 110001.
Text in Hindi :-
*मै भारत सरकारके दूरसंचार विभागमे सरकारी सेवाकी शुरूवात की लेकीन एमटीएनएल से सेवानिवृत्त हूआ। मेरा पेन्शन 10 वर्षके बाद 01/01/2017 से रिविजन होनी है। आपसे दरख्वास्त है की 7 वे वेतन आयोगके अनूसार मेरा पेन्शन 01/01/2017 से रिवाईज करनेके आदेश सम्भधीत विभाग को देनेकी कृपा करे।*
आपका भवदिय ,
CBMPA meeting on 01/02/2019:
Com. P Gangadhara Rao, Convener conducted the meeting at 11-30am. Following members attended.
Coms. M.K. Bagchi , Anupamkaul , S.S. Nanda , M.K. Mudgal , T.K Jawahar , J.S. Yadav , S.M. Sawant and Kishor Haldankar.
1) Each Constituent should ensure that POST CARD campaign is done by every member.
2) Delhi Comrades should conduct MASSIVE RALLY with maximum participation on 08/02/2019.
3). AIBSNLPWA should arrange to mobilize maximum number of members from near by Branches and make the RALLY program a grand success.
Strengthen the hands of CBMPA by conducting each and every program whole - heartedly to achieve our legitimate demand.
Meeting ended with vote of thanks.
--P Gangadhara Rao Convener, CBMPA.
Meeting with CMD:
Today we (K. Jawahar President, B.R.Pathak GS, J.S.Yadav Jt.GS and Kishor Haldankar AGS of MPWA) met Sri. P.K.Purwar CMD at Corporate office Delhi.
We congratulated him on his selection as CMD BSNL (the present CMD BSNL retires on 30/06/2019). We requested him to strive for merger of MTNL and BSNL in the interest of Nation, in the interest of Telecom Sector and in the interest of employees.
We also requested him to issue orders immediately for drawal of pay arrears and recalculation of pensionary benefits of those retired from 01/01/2018 to 31/07/2018 with 5% addl. IDA benefit in revision of pay. Orders are likely to be issued within a few days.
MEETING OF CBMPA HELD AT DELHI ON 29/01/2019
Committee of BSNL/MTNL Pensioners’ Associations met in a crucial meeting at Delhi today to review the status of our demand of Revision of Pension in BSNL and MTNL with Seventh CPC fitment and chalk out further courses of action thereto.
Com. Gangadhara Rao, Convenor presided over the meeting. The following members representing the various constituents have attended the meeting:
S/Shri Rajendra Prasad, Prahlad Rai, Kisan Singh, Anupam Kaul, M.K.Bagchi, S.S.Nanda, R.K.Mudgal, K.Jawahar, Badri Pathak, J.S.Yadav, Kishor Haldankar,and R.P.Sharma.
At the outset, Convenor thanked all members for attending this meeting with short notice. He recalled that the first meeting of CBMPA was held on 21/11/2018 in Delhi. Within this short intervening period there have been lots of developments and hectic persuasions at various levels. But still we have miles to go to reach the goal, thanks to the reluctant and negative attitudes of some important officers in DOT.
All members have taken active participation in the discussion. Among various opinions / observations expressed, one point has emerged as common and that is DOT is not alive to the assurance given by MOSC regarding delinking the Revision of Pension from Revision of Pay. It is clearly apparent that even the positive and proactive approach of DOP&PW is blunted by the inept handling of the issue by the concerned officers of DOT.
CBMPA has noted with satisfaction that AUAB and their agitation has highlighted the issue of pension revision among other matters and hoped that they would continue to do so in future.
The important decisions taken in the meeting are given below:
Decisions taken in the meeting of CBMPA held at Delhi on 29/1/2019.
1) Convenor and other members will approach the AUAB leaders and request them to strongly persuade with Additional Secretary (T) in the meeting to be held on 30/1/2019 for implementing the Policy Decision taken by MOSC to de-link pension revision from pay revision by resubmitting the file with a concrete and comprehensive proposal to DOP&PW.
2) Convenor has reiterated our earlier decision to contact important political personalities throughout India to take up with the Government of India regarding Pension Revision in BSNL/MTNL with Seventh CPC fitment.
3) Post Card campaign to Shri Narendra Modi, Honourable Prime Minister from 4/2/2019 to 9/2/2019 by every pensioner of BSNL and MTNL on the issue of revision of Govt. Pension in BSNL and MTNL.
4) A Massive Rally shall be organized at Delhi from BSNL Corporate Office to Sanchar Bhawan on 08/02/2019 (Friday) and submit Memorandum to MOSC/Secretary (T).
5) A suitably drafted letter should be addressed to Honourable Prime Minister highlighting the failure on the part of MOSC in dealing with the Pension Revision case as assured.
6) CBMPA expresses happiness to learn that DOT-BSNL Pensioners’ Association, Kerala has joined as Eighth constituent and has whole-heartedly welcomed this important development at this crucial juncture.
Convener and other members shall meet Secretary (T)/AST and present our case of Pension Revision with 7th CPC fitment and request DOT to send back the file to DOP&PW accordingly at the earliest.
--P.Gangadhara Rao, Convener.
News from RTOWA DELHI :
5% IDA Issue :-
Today , Shri. S. S. Nanda G/S & Sh. R. K. Mudgal AGS met DGM(A/C's) & DGM(Pers) in Corporate office to pursue the issue of 5% IDA neutralisation.
DGM(Pers) informed that the report about the information called by DoT has been sent to DoT today with CMD's approval.
Then they met Dir.(Estt) & DDG(Estt) in DoT and gave them the copy of the report personally and requested them to process the case on priority. It is learnt that the file will be routed through PSU section and Finance before taking final decision.
Pension Revision* :-
They also requested DDG (Estt) to send the information called by DO P&PW regarding delinking of pay revision and pension revision early. DDG(Estt) said that this issue is being discussed within DoT.
RTOWA MUMBAI NEWS:
Today We (K. Jawahar, B.R.Pathak, J.S.Yadav, K. P. Ravindrakumar,) and Sri. S.M.Sawant and Sri. Kishor Haldankar of MPWA, met Sri.Narendra Dhaktode GM (Fin) and Sri. A.C. Kumar DGM (Pen) The delay in settlement of pensionary benefits was discussed.
We brought to his notice about the delay of more than six months in payment of Leave encashment, delay of about three months in starting pension / payment of gratuity, commutation and delay of more than six months in PPO.
GM (Fin) agreed to our request to prescribe uniform procedure to be followed by all the Areas to place demand to Corporate office for "Funds for Leave encashment"
GM (Fin) assured that the delay if any on MTNL side will be pulled up. He also said modifications have been done for drawal of arrears of pension for the cases of pay anamoly settled after 01/04/2014 but retirement before 01/04/2014.
We will meet CCA in the next week regarding delay on CCA side.
Please CLICK HERE to view the letter given to GM(F).
COMMITTEE OF BSNL/MTNL PENSIONERS’ ASSOCIATIONS MET
DOP&PW OFFICIALS ON THE ISSUE OF PENSION REVISION OF BSNL & MTNL PENSIONERS.
Com. M K Bagchi, Com. Anupam Kaul and Com. S S Nanda,
the members of the Committee of BSNL/MTNL Pensioners' Associations
( CBMPA ) today met the top officers in Department of Pension & Pensioners’
Welfare and discussed about the issue of pension revision.
They were informed that DoT did not clarify the issues sought for earlier by
DoP & PW. DoT should have sent a clear proposal for pension revision if
pension revision is delinked from pay revision. But they have not sent that
kind of a proposal.
So once again we have asked the DoT to send a concrete proposal.
Our representatives gained the impression that DoP&PW officers are very much
aware of the issue involved. Our representatives clarified certain doubts also.
It is understood that if DoP&PW gets a proper proposal with due
justification from DoT it may be favourably considered by them and the views
of DoE also should be sought.
CBMPA will seriously pursue the matter.
--Gangadhara Rao, Convener, CBMPA.
Quarterly meeting of CGHS :
Shri. B.R. Pathak GS, and Sri. K. P. Ravindra Kumar AGS attended the meeting convened by Dy.Director CGHS at CGHS HQrs. Prathista Bhavan today.
Apollo Hospital Belapur and Therna Hospital at Navi Mumbai are likely to be empanelled by CGHS.
CGHS authorities agreed to write to MTNL requesting space in residential quarters of Borivali Exchange premises shortly and Inspection of premises for new wellness centre will be taken up shortly.
CGHS authorities stated that generic medicines only will be supplied through local purchase as per agreement and it is not possible to supply branded medicines as there are many brands available in the market.
Empanelling of more number of super speciality hospitals was emphasised by Associations
RTOWA MUMBAI NEWS:
Today the office bearers of RTOWA (S/Shri. B.R.Pathak, J.S.Yadav, K.P.Ravindrakumar and P. Subramaniam) and Sri. S.M. Sawant GS MPWA met GM (Fin) and requested him to pull up the delays in paymemt of retirement benefits. A letter was also given to him.
Another letter regarding settlement of difference in pensionary benefits of those retired prior to 01/04/2014 was also given. He called for a meeting next week for detailed discussions on the points raised in these letters.
CGHIS (Contributory Group Health Insurance Scheme) Policy for Retired Employees has been issued vide MTNL CO's Circular dated 04/12/2018. This is applicable for a period two years from 01/10/2018. The following existing features continue for Hospital treatment.
1.The Insurance cover is provided by United India Insurance Co.
2. M/s Medsave continues to be TPA for MTNL Mumbai.
3.The cover is Rs.1.5 lakh for pensioner and spouse on floater basis; if single the cover is for Rs.One lakh.
4.On exhausting the above cover, additional cover of Rs. 1.5. lakhs/1 lakh is applicable under Corporate Floater. ED and Dir(HR) will approve the corporate floater.
5.OPD Entitlement is reduced by Rs.6261 for two beneficiaries and Rs.3775 for single beneficiary....to meet 50% of Insurance Premium.
RTOWA MUMBAI NEWS:
Shri. M. K. Bagchi Convenor UF Delhi / President RTOWA Delhi, Shri. J.S.Yadav Jt.GS, RTOWA Mumbai and Office bearers of TEAM Delhi including Shri.A.K.Kaushik GS, met following DOT officers yesterday ( 03/01/2019 ) at Sanchar Bhawan :-
Addl.Secretary ( T ), Member ( Services ), Jt. Secretary ( Admin ), Jt. Secretary ( PSU ) and DDG ( Estt.) separately at their respective cabins.
After exchange of New Year’s pleasantries, the issues of pension revision, pending payment of 5% ( part ) DA neutralisation and Revival of MTNL were discussed.
As regards pension revision, it is gathered that DOT awaits response of DOP&PW regarding the note sent on delinking Pension Revision from Pay Revision for BSNL Pensioners. DOT will take a call on this matter only thereafter. (It is learnt that the Officer concerned at DO P&PW is on leave and the file is expected to move next week).
As regards the issue related to 5% DA
( Part ) neutralisation, it is gathered that MTNL will have to share the part of financial liability in this respect. but MTNL is yet to furnish informations called by DOT in this regard.
We conveyed the anguish and agony of the pensioners in this regard to all these officers.
Please see below the letter written by DoT to MTNL CO regarding 5%.
RTOWA Mumbai and Delhi are pursuing this issue.
IDA INCREASE 3.2%. from 01/01/2019.
The Labour Bureau of India has released All India Consumer Price Index (AICPI) for Industrial workers for the month of November 2018. It is 302 Points.
Based on that the IDA shall be 138.8% from January 2019.
An increase of 3.2% will be from the existing 135.6%.
Expansion of CGHS :-
33 Cities added to CGHS by merging Postal dispensaries in these cities. MTNL Pensioners also are entitled to avail CGHS facilities in these cities by becoming CGHS Card holder.
Please see the orders issued MoH below.
UNITED FORUM NEWS:
Com. M.K. Bagchi President RTOWA Delhi and Convenor United Forum Delhi writes :-
Debate on Pension Revision in BSNL/MTNL :-
Broadly there are two school of thoughts :-
1. Pension Revision following Wage Revision
as per 3rd PRC
2. Pension Revision should be delinked from Wage Revision as the disbursing authority for pension is different from that for wages and thereby, pension
revision will be carried out as per 7 th CPC but on IDA pay scales, date of effect being 1.1.2017.
UNITED FORUM OF MTNL UNIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS, DELHI BELONGS TO THE 2nd CATEGORY.
WHY? LET ME EXPLAIN :-
Those who advocate pension revision as per 3rd PRC say the following :-
(1) Pension Revision as per 3rd PRC following Wage Revision will be comparatively easier to achieve.
(2) This will keep the pensioners close to the working employees as the interest of both groups so far as revision of wage/pension is concerned, will rest on one common fulcrum.
(3) It will be loss for both employees and pensioners if we invite CDA pay scales and CD Allowance in the process because CDA pay scales are normally less than IDA pay scales and CD Allowances are normally granted after interval of 6 months unlike IDA for which interval is 3 months.
(4) They are dismayed when they apprehend that if the hard-earned IDA pay scales are sacrificed, the fruits of consistent struggles to achieve IDA scales at the time of absorption will go waste.
(5) They refer the issue of MTNL pensions stating that Govt. agreed to take the responsibility /liability of MTNL pension (combined services) only when their pension is calculated on the basis of equivalent BSNL pay scales.
My comments :-
(1) It is not difficult to comprehend that if pension revision depends on pay revision as per PRC, there is no certainty whether pension revision will at all be carried out. Pay Revision as per PRC is subjected to a number of obnoxious clauses. There are fair amount of chances that pay revision may not take place . If at all pay revision takes place, there remains the question: to what extent the pay will be revised. Thus pension revision following pay revision as per PRC is not secured and not uniform.
(2) When I say so, I don’t underestimate the strength of the unions and associations.
We must be pragmatic enough to understand that all constraints cannot be done away with fully (and always) with the fighting strength of the unions.
There are other factors involved.
(3) Due to this uncertainty, even DOT feels (subjected to be approval of nodal ministries/departments) pension revision should be delinked from pay revision.
DOT feels, pay revision is uncertain under certain situation, but pension revision cannot be resisted for long. For pay revision, MTNL/BSNL will have to pay from their earnings, but pension & pension revision is the liability of DOT/Govt.
(4) Then there is a contention that CPC for CG employees and CG pensioners who are linked to CDA pay scales and not for those who are on IDA pay scales or retired from IDA pay scales. This statement is now partially true because a number of our pensionary claims of IDA pensioners are settled on the basis of recommendations of CPC and for this, we need not sacrifice either IDA pay scales or IDA. Only the issue of pension revision is left. Had we overwhelmed ourselves with such poor convictions at the time of absorption, we could not have achieved pension from DOT and from the Governmental civil estimates.
(5) If CPC is for CDA pensioners’ pension revision, then what is there for the pension revision of IDA pensioners ? PRC does not deal with pension revision in that sense.
So we demand: let there be CPC guidelines to apply for IDA pension like ours.
(6) Then there is a fear that if we press for CPC, then pension will be calculated on equivalent CDA pay scales. Just to bring home this fear, the example of MTNL pension is wrongly pointed out stating that MTNL pension is calculated on BSNL pay scales. The statement is, at the least, confusing. MTNL pensioners are now getting pension from DOT and that too on MTNL pay scales. MTNL pays to DOT only pension contribution.
Beyond that MTNL does not (or, not in a position to) pay.
(7) I consciously avoid to bring MTNL matter into discussion at this stage to avoid avoidable confusions in this debate. Because DOT’s present proposal for delinking is only for BSNL Why to bring MTNL matters at this stage?
(8) It is no body’s contention to plead for CDA pay scale & CD allowances. We should not play this as a ghost in the dark room. Ghost can be tackled appropriately when confronted in actuality.
(9) One important aspect of CGHS entitlement of BSNL/MTNL pensioners is being lost sight of. Initially the entitlement of CGHS for BSNL/MTNL pensioners were denied on the ground that they are IDA pensioners. But Govt. had to concede the fact that BSNL/MTNL pensioners draw the pension from the same civil estimates as the CDA pensioners do. Thus BSNL/MTNL pensioners are made entitled to CGHS benefits as CDA pensioners. Please note that BSNL/MTNL employees are not entitled for this, as their wages are not paid from civil estimates of Govt. of India.
The amount of one time contributions for life time CGHS benefits of BSNL/MTNL pensioners were calculated keeping their IDA pay scales into account. This may be
a good pointer in the direction of IDA pensioners to get pay revision as per CPC even though pension contributions are calculated on IDA pay scales.
(10) Then on the question of “easily achievable”, some feel that pension revision following PRC can be achieved easily. If so, why it is not possibly done so during last 2 years. Moreover, we want easy solution or permanent solution ?
My point is, why to burden ourselves by anticipating what Govt. may say or may not? Why to take the side of Govt. to plead what are the problems on Govt. side ? Let us leave those to the Govt. at this stage. Let us concentrate on what should be our DEMAND that, on achievement, will solve our problem fully and once for all. If our pension revision is a knotty issue, who is responsible for this?
We need not be apologetic or unduly defensive to put up our right DEMAND.
LET US JOIN AS ONE WITH ONE VOICE AND ON SAME JUSTIFICATIONS.
FALL OUT ? WE SHALL SEE TO IT AS AND WHEN IT APPEARS.
= M. K. BAGCHI, Convener / United Forum Delhi
UNITED FORUM NEWS:
A Press Conference was convened by the United Forum, Mumbai today at Telephone House, Prabhadevi. A press note was released by Shri Bhai Jagdap, the Chairman of United Forum of MTNL, Mumbai & Delhi.
Please CLICK HERE to view the Press Note.